FCC BARS HIGH RATES FOR LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS IN JAILS AND PRISONS NATIONWIDE Reforms Bring Relief to Millions of Families By Reducing the Cost of Interstate Long-Distance Calls Washington, D.C . The Federal Communications Commission today took long-overdue steps to ensure that the rates for interstate long-distance calls made by prison inmates are […]
JailCalls Articles's archives
Whether hurling slurs or throwing fists, as athletes misbehave this summer and draw financial slaps from league brass, those forfeited funds are being funneled to charity — whether the recipients know it or not.
If you find yourself at war with a company’s customer service department, you might consider aiming higher. Disappointed consumers are finding success using a technique called the “EECB” or “executive email carpet bomb,” emailing their complaints directly to a company’s top executives.
Directer Gabriela Cowperthwaite told NBC News.com this week that she “didn’t have one goal” in mind for how audiences would react to “Blackfish,” her documentary about SeaWorld orca Tilikum.
It’s your worst nightmare: You’re on a job interview, they ask you a question and you don’t know the answer. Your heart races. Beads of sweat begin to form. C’mon, don’t blow it — THINK!Since it’s better to be prepared for the worst, job site Glassdoor.
After seven weeks of colorful witnesses and rancorous testimony, the jury began deliberations Tuesday in the trial of alleged crime boss James “Whitey” Bulger.
With only a half-dozen witnesses to go, lawyers for James “Whitey” Bulger have still not confirmed whether the reputed mob boss will take the stand on his own behalf.
Trying to show a softer, lighter side of accused killer and crime boss James “Whitey” Bulger, his defense lawyers have released photos that they say they would expect to show the jury should Bulger decide to testify.
The military judge overseeing the trial of admitted Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Hasan told defense attorneys Thursday that they can’t drop out of the case — even though they believe it’s tantamount to helping him commit suicide.
For the past three summers, Jenny Howard has helped restore seabird populations on Seal Island, a 65-acre national wildlife refuge located 21 miles off the coast of Rockville, Maine.”It takes a little adjustment,” Howard said.
- Rubio Stumps for Ernst on Eve of Iowa Primary
- Taliban Celebrates Release of Top Commanders in Bowe Bergdahl Swap
- Caught on Camera: Florida Cop Tackles Cyclist
- Young Lawyer Killed in Boating Tragedy a ‘Rising Star’
- Pro-life and pro-death penalty?
- Execution, a 19th-century relic
- A minority against affirmative action
- Police chief: Gun law packs dangers
- Arapahoe high school shooting: 17-year-old girl shot in head is in a coma
- Michelle Bachelet easily regains Chile presidency
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups taste test: Too sweet or perfect treat?
- Real wedding: Bright Florida ceremony for military duo
- Jail Calls NY Law Suit Filing – DOCCS Has No Defense Anymore
- ‘Something positive for humankind’: Girls lend cells to genetic study
- Bioethicist: Mandela’s AIDS legacy of silence and courage
- No categories