A California man was held on suspicion of murder after a car plowed through Los Angeles’ popular Venice Beach boardwalk Saturday night, killing a young Italian woman in the U.S. for her honeymoon and injuring 11 other people, authorities said Sunday.
David Weinberger says the Tsarnaev cover counters our desire to think that those who attack us must be unlike us, rather than examining how someone like us becomes someone who hates us
CNN’s Deborah Feyerick was in the courtroom when Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty.
Al Vivian asks, if the killer and victim were both white, would the jury have handed out a different verdict?
- YOUR MARK: JAIL CALLS (Standard Characters, mark.jpg)
The literal element of the mark consists of JAIL CALLS.
The mark consists of standard characters, without claim to any particular font, style, size, or color.
- YOUR SERIAL NUMBER: We have received your U.S. Trademark Application and assigned serial number ‘86017506’ to your submission. A summary of your application data is provided at the bottom of this message and serves as your official filing receipt. Please keep a copy of this information for your records. All correspondence concerning the application should reference your assigned serial number.
Please read all of the important information below. Not every mark is registrable with the USPTO and we do not refund the application filing fee(s) if a registration does not ultimately issue.
- RECEIVING E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS/FILING DOCUMENTS ON-LINE: If you have authorized receipt of correspondence by e-mail, please make sure that your server will accept USPTO e-mail and not treat it as SPAM. If you have not authorized communication by e-mail, please do so at any time by using the “Change of Correspondence Address” form, available at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/correspondence.jsp. If you must submit correspondence to us, please use the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) forms, available at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/index.jsp.
- KEEP YOUR ADDRESS CURRENT IN USPTO RECORDS: We do not extend filing deadlines due to a failure to receive USPTO mailings/e-mailings. You must update the correspondence and/or owner’s address if a postal address and/or e-mail address changes, using the form(s) available at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/correspondence.jsp.
- WARNING ABOUT UNSOLICITED COMMUNICATIONS: You may receive trademark-related communications from private companies not associated with the USPTO. These communications frequently display customer-specific information, including your USPTO serial number or registration number and owner name, and request fees for trademark-related services, such as monitoring, listings in international publications, and document filing. None of the companies offering these services are affiliated with the USPTO or any other federal agency. All official correspondence will be from the “United States Patent and Trademark Office” in Alexandria, VA, and if by e-mail, specifically from the domain “@uspto.gov.” Please consult the “Warning” page on the Trademarks section of the USPTO’s website for further information about unsolicited communications and to view representative examples of them. For general information on filing and maintenance requirements for trademark applications and registrations, including fees required by law, please consult www.uspto.gov, contact the TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov or telephone 1-800-786-9199.
- LEGAL EXAMINATION PROCESS: Your application is now pending examination. In approximately 3 months, your application will be assigned to a USPTO examining attorney for review. The application cannot mature into a registration unless all legal requirements are met, and many applications never satisfy these requirements and therefore never register. The overall process can take up to 18 months.
- CHECK STATUS AND REVIEW DOCUMENTS OR YOUR APPLICATION MAY BE UNINTENTIONALLY ABANDONED: You must check the status and review all documents associated with your application at least every 3-4 months using Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR), available at http://tsdr.uspto.gov/.
Promptly e-mail the TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov
- FILING ERRORS: If you discover an error in the application data, you must file a Voluntary Amendment at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/miscellaneous.jsp. Do not submit any proposed amendment to TEAS@uspto.gov, because the TEAS technical support team may not make any data changes. Please wait approximately 7 days after the filing date of your application to submit a Voluntary Amendment in order to allow for initial upload of your application data into the USPTO database. The assigned examining attorney will determine the acceptability of any Voluntary Amendment during examination. Not all errors may be corrected. For example, if you submitted the wrong mark or if the proposed correction would be considered a material alteration to your original filing, it will not be accepted. In this situation, your only recourse would be to file a new application, with a new fee and no refund of your original filing fee.
- REQUEST FOR REFUND AND/OR CANCELLATION: Since your application has already been assigned a serial number, please do not contact TEAS@uspto.gov to request a refund or to cancel the filing. We will only cancel the filing and refund the filing fee if the application does not meet minimum filing requirements. The fee is a processing fee that the USPTO does not refund, even if your mark does not proceed to registration.
In the limited situation where you inadvertently filed identical applications, one immediately after the other, because no confirmation of the first filing was received, please provide both serial numbers to the technical support team at TEAS@uspto.gov.
- SelectUSA: The United States represents the largest, most dynamic marketplace in the world and is an unparalleled location for business investment, innovation, and commercialization of new technologies. The U.S. offers tremendous resources and advantages for those who invest and manufacture goods here. Through SelectUSA, our nation works to promote and facilitate business investment. SelectUSA provides information assistance to the international investor community; serves as an ombudsman for existing and potential investors; advocates on behalf of U.S. cities, states, and regions competing for global investment; and counsels U.S. economic development organizations on investment attraction best practices. To learn more about why the United States is the best country in the world to develop technology, manufacture products, deliver services, and grow your business, visit SelectUSA.gov or call +1-202-482-6800.
SUMMARY OF APPLICATION DATA FOLLOWS:
APPLICATION DATA: Trademark/Servicemark Form, Supplemental Register
The applicant, IC Connect Inc, DBA Jail Calls, a corporation of New Jersey, having an address of
New Jersey 08009
requests registration of the trademark/service mark identified above in the United States Patent and Trademark Office on the Supplemental Register established by the Act of July 5, 1946 (15 U.S.C. Section 1051 et seq.), as amended, for the following:
International Class _______: JAIL CALLS
In International Class _______, the mark was first used at least as early as 01/01/2006, and first used in commerce at least as early as 01/01/2006, and is now in use in such commerce.The applicant is submitting one(or more) specimen(s) showing the mark as used in commerce on or in connection with any item in the class of listed goods and/or services, consisting of a(n) It is the Website Logo .
Specimen-1 [SPE0-6844240198-135851728_._Jail_Calls_logo.jpg ]
For informational purposes only, applicant’s website address is: www.jailcalls.com
|The applicant’s current Correspondence Information:|
|IC Connect Inc|
|IC Connect Inc|
|Berlin, New Jersey 08009|
|A fee payment in the amount of $325 has been submitted with the application, representing payment for 1 class(es).|
The undersigned, being hereby warned that willful false statements and the like so made are punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both, under 18 U.S.C. §1001, and that such willful false statements may jeopardize the validity of the form or any resulting registration, declares that he/she is properly authorized to execute this form on behalf of the applicant; he/she believes the applicant to be the owner of the trademark/service mark sought to be registered, or, if the form is being filed under 15 U.S.C. §1126(d) or (e), he/she believes applicant to be entitled to use such mark in commerce; to the best of his/her knowledge and belief no other person, firm, corporation, or association has the right to use the mark in commerce, either in the identical form thereof or in such near resemblance thereto as to be likely, when used on or in connection with the goods/services of such other person, to cause confusion, or to cause mistake, or to deceive; and that all statements made of his/her own knowledge are true; and that all statements made on information and belief are believed to be true.